Here at IndigoMuse we want to be sure that your piece has a long life. Here are a few tips to ensure that:
▪Because some items are plated you want to be sure to always remove jewelry before getting into the shower or jumping into the water. Never wear in a chlorine or salt water.
▪ Don't wear jewelry when working out as the salt in sweat can break down the plating.
▪ Always remove jewelry before applying sunscreen, moisturizers or oils.
▪ Please be gentle with your jewelry. If your item breaks from being tugged on, has caught on something or any other physical damage, that is not a reflection of IndigoMuse
▪ Always store your jewelry in a safe place where it will be free of tangling and knotting.
▪ Raw brass items will oxidize over time and can easily be cleaned and restored.
▪ Cotton and artificial silk tassels can become unruly at times. Comb them to keep them looking their best.
We do use raw brass with many of our items. Brass does oxidize and can change color when exposed to the elements, but do not worry! Luckily, brass is great at being able to return to its natural beautiful state and the patina (tarnish) is easily cleaned.
A few tips:
- keep your brass item away from any water, oils or moisturizers
- store your item in a safe place
- take off before getting in the shower or going to the gym
- always be gentle
How to clean:
There are a number of ways to clean your brass jewelry, but this way is our favorite!
Lemon juice is a good cleaner of light tarnish because of its acidic properties. Squeeze the juice of a lemon and pour into a glass or plastic bowl along with one cup of water. You can add a teaspoon of salt for a deeper clean. Take a cloth and wipe the areas with the tarnish and leave on for about 15 minutes. You can use a soft cloth or a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently remove the tarnish. Once the jewelry is clean, rinse thoroughly with water and wipe dry.